Hetauda School of Management & Social Sciences (HSM) have been providing quality education to the students since 2052 B.S. Considering the needs of students for the better technical courses HSM introduced Bachelors in Information Management (BIM) in affiliation to Tribhuwan University. Strict discipline for quality education is the motto of HSM. Graduates have occupied important and leading positions in the leading organizations and institution of Nepal and abroad. The college has made social contributions with programs like health camps; national level sports events, international conferences. Information Management has been the need for organizations both government and non-government sectors.
Bachelors in Information Management (BIM) are designed for students seeking career in Management and Information technology. The Information Management gives students strong theoretical and practical experiences preparing them for future challenges. Managerial skills like planning, organizing, decision making are crucial so that the students become Information Technology managers rather than professionals. They become leaders in their field and fulfill demands of global market.
After the successful completion of BIM program graduates will be able to:
- Manage projects as they gain good managerial knowledge, entrepreneurship and leadership skills from the course.
- Work as system managers and administrators in banks and other business.
- IT researcher and instructors in different educational institutes.
- Pursue post graduate courses such as MBA, MCA, Mtech and MIT in any University of the world.
Written test: Appear in entrance test currently known as CMAT (Central Management Admission Test) conducted by faculty of management. It includes areas such as verbal ability, quantitative ability, logical reasoning and general awareness. Applicants must secure a minimum of 40% in CMAT in order to qualify for the interview. Applicants scoring above cut off point in CMAT will be shortlisted. The shortlisted candidates will be screened for application by interview session.
Graduation requirements are:
- Successful completion of 126 credit hours with minimum passing grades in all papers with aggregate of CGPA of 2.0
- A minimum of C obtained in internship i.e. the industrial attachment project.
- BIM course should be completed within 7 years from the time of registration as fulfillment of the requirements.
Students intake: 60
Number of Semester: 8
Admission: T.U. CMAT exams
Eligibility: 10+2 or equivalent from any faculty