Thames International College is located at Old Baneshwor. It is an academic institution offering variety of undergraduate programs. The college has two schools; School of Business and technology and School of social science. As the business environment went global and information centric there is a need for graduates who can understand and use technology and apply the analyzed information patterns to achieve business objectives. Bachelor in Information Management (BIM) will give you well rounded Information Management education to make a versatile and employable graduate. Here, you learn the fundamental skills to adapt and succeed in a competitive job markets for graduates. The main objectives of BIM programs are:
- Develop understanding on all managerial aspects ranging from human resource, operation, marketing, strategy, accounting and finance.
- Understanding all aspects of existing and emerging information technology and their impact on Information system functions.
- Understanding the design and development of database applications using latest technologies.
- Understanding our world through sociology, business environment, communication, economics, and mathematics.
- Develop and think critically, communicate clearly and solve complex problems.
The core courses are: Computer Information System, Database Management System, Management Information System, Digital Logic Design, Structured Programming, Data Communication and Computer Network, Web Technology –I, Java Programming – I, Computer Organization, Data Structure and Algorithm with Java, Web Technology –II, Computer Graphics, Java Programming-II, Advanced Internet Working, Software Engineering, Computer Security and Cyber Law, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Artificial Intelligence, IT Entrepreneurship and Supply Chain Management, Economics of Information and Communication.(3 credit hours each)
The elective courses are: Software Project Management, Data Mining and data warehouse, Operating system, Object oriented database Management (3 credit hours each)
Admission fee: NPR 50,000
Monthly tuition fees: NPR 5625 per credit
Other charges like University registration fees, induction and educational support programs, student council membership fees, refundable security deposits are also inclusive in the admission fee.Candidates must appear aptitude exams for qualifying in BIM program at Thames International College.